Outdoor Entertaining: Extra Large Wire Lanterns

April 22, 2013



Pin It

Are you as excited about spring as I am?  Yes, spring is finally here in our little part of the midwest and I'm pretty happy about it.  I'm happy to be soaking in the warmth of that sun, and I'm also happy to be planning for some warm days and nights ahead.  With that in mind,
the hubs and I recently purchased two {what I'll call} captain's lanterns at a local family-owned big box store (I know, sounds kind of oxy-moron-ish, right?).  I fell in love with them at first sight.  You tell me what store's style (initials PB and that's not for peanut butter, either) they remind you of?

 
Pin It

The plain-jane side tables (from Goodwill, of course) will be featured soon, post-transformation.
 
 
Right now the lanterns are stationed in the family room since our patio area is nowhere near ready for the summer season.  We've still got to set up the outdoor rug, wicker furniture and (new this year) a "cabana-like" tent to give us some much-needed respite from the brutal midwest summer sun.  Once that's all set up I can't wait to play around with the "decor."  But for now those awesome PB-like wire captain's lanterns will remain indoors with LED candles inside of them.


Pin It
 
They're HUGE, like 14 inches high.  And they so remind me of the beach, our most favorite vacation spot in the world.  Aren't they really beachy?  I love the nautical rope handles.  They remind me of crab traps, down by the bay.  So cool and so NOT expensive.  I think they were like $14.99 each. 


Pin It
 
Once they're put outside I'll replace the LED candles with citronella candles.


Pin It

So let the summer begin!

What outdoor decorating ideas are you working on these days?
 
xoxo

I'll be linking up here:

The Dedicated House
Not Just a Housewife Show Me What Ya Got

Leave a Comment!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like the lanterns - looking forward to seeing what you do with them. I had big ideas of what I wanted to accomplish in the courtyard this year, but so far off to a slow start.
Have a great day.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The lanterns are amazing and the color is perfect. They have a ton of character. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What a fun decoration!

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Beautiful lanterns! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wonderful lanterns, they will look great in your patio. My brother lives in Minnesota and he said it will be 70 this weekend...Of course it was snowing yesterday! Crazy weather

Carol

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

Those lanterns are so fun!

Kerri said...

i LOVE this time of year...before it gets too hot! :)

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Kathy , I just love the beachy look of your new lanterns. Can't wait to see your tent! Enjoy this great weather. Love, Penny

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

They're perfect right where you have them, but what a good idea to use them outside with citronella.
I hate to say that I haven't done much of anything outdoors yet..shame on me:-)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

those are really awesome! I really like the look and I think they are perfect both for indoor and outdoor.

Related Posts with Thumbnails